Teejay Sogunro is passionate about the way Applied Pilates helps clients of all ages and backgrounds achieve profound results as quickly as possible. Indeed his passion derives from his own personal journey in search of pain relief from a debilitating back condition.
During his hunt for advice and treatment, Teejay discovered the true long-term benefits of Pilates and went on to master the clinical knowledge and skills vital when applying appropriate exercises or treatment to specific conditions.
His experience has also made Teejay well aware of the damage the wrong kind of exercise can cause. Small group work allows him to focus on the needs of individuals and then apply the appropriate Pilates and other specific rehabilitation exercises to help them.
As he explains:
“If you have tried Pilates and you feel that it has made your issues worse or you keep getting niggling problems from your current sessions then it might be a good idea to re-evaluate the exercises you are currently doing. We can give advice on what Pilates exercises you shouldn’t be doing and recommend the best exercises for you.”
Teejay specialises treatment and exercise programmes for rehab, remedial, pre and post operative, fitness, well being and sports performance. Combined with his experience and dedication is an impressive list of qualifications – a Pilates instructor with this kind of comprehensive knowledge within such a wide range of disciplines is a rarity. His personal experience extends to fitness, osteopathy, physiotherapy and sports/non-sports related injuries.
No surprise then that clients and patients have included professionals from those worlds, plus company directors, pre and post surgery clients and numerous clients who have suffered injuries resulting from physical activities.
Teejay’s dedication also extends to creating a welcoming environment to encourage clients who would never normally set foot in a Pilates studio. Pilates may have originally been designed for top ballet dancers and athletes, but he and his team are as devoted to the office worker with backache as they are to the professional sportsman. His vision is versatile and far-reaching:
“Some people’s fears are that they will do something like Pilates and it will only make their condition worse. Our passion is to find out what works for them. We have a huge tool box and we’re going to choose the right tool.”
- Certified Pilates Instructor: Stott Pilates trained
- Qualified Sports Therapist, Injuries and Sports Massage Therapist
- Registered Practitioner with Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Registered Practitioner with Complementary Therapist Association (CThA)
- Qualifed YMCA Professional Fitness Instructor
- Certified Rehab Trainer
- Studied Osteopathy at Middlesex University
- Plays squash racquet at high level, currently Nuffield Health club O45s and Hertfordshire County O55s champion
- Certifications require mandatory minimum 30 hours a year of Continuing Professional Development
- First Aid trained with onsite defibrillator equipment